Attending the Conference Onsite
Conference Venue: Toshi Center Hotel
- Tuesday, November 21 will host the onsite welcome reception and pre-conference registration at Garb Central.
- Wednesday, November 22 will be both onsite at the Toshi Center Hotel and live-streamed online.
- Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24 will be onsite only at the Toshi Center Hotel.
- Saturday, November 25 will be online only.
Toshi Center Hotel
– Address: 〒102-0093 Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Hirakawacho 2-4-1
– Further Information
– Address: 〒102-0094 Tokyo, Chiyoda City, Kioicho, 1−3 東京ガーデンテラス 1F
– Further Information
- You will be able to pick up your name badge at the Conference Registration Desk.
- The Conference Registration Desk and Publications Desk will be situated at the following locations during the conference:
- Tuesday, November 21 | 16:45-19:00 - Garb Central (Pre-Registration)
- Wednesday, November 22 | 09:30-17:30 – Toshi Center Hotel, 5F
- Thursday, November 23 | 08:30-19:00 – Toshi Center Hotel, 7F
- Friday, November 24 | 08:30-15:30 – Toshi Center Hotel, 7F
- Saturday, November 25 | No in-person registration
- Complimentary drinks and light snacks will be available during the scheduled coffee breaks.
- Lunch will not be provided during any of the onsite conference days.
-Wasabi Snack Mix
-Japanese Rice Crackers
Conference Welcome Reception
- There will be a conference Welcome Reception on Tuesday, November 21 from 16:45 at Garb Central.
- Access and directions
-Red & White Wine
-Prosciutto & Chicken Bruschetta
-Buffalo Cheese & Mini Tomato Caprese
-Japanese Fried Chicken
-Awaji Beef Rigatoni Bolognese
Step outside the formal conference environment and immerse yourself in an evening designed to foster connections and cultivate insightful dialogues. This exclusive gathering, limited to 100 attendees, offers an enhanced platform to forge connections with fellow delegates, engage with the Programme Committee, and interact with esteemed academics and professionals. Seize this opportunity to create lasting relationships and engage in meaningful conversation.
- Time & Date: Wednesday, November 22, 2023, 19:00-21:00
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- Availability: 100 persons
- Ticket Price: 9,000 JPY.
- Tickets are available on the online store.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
What to Wear & Bring
- Attendees are encouraged to wear business casual attire.
- There is adequate WiFi (50 Mbps) connection at the venue in all rooms. However, streaming video is not recommended.
- If your presentation includes video, please bring it on a file that can be played without an internet connection.
For anyone attending the conference onsite, please use the following details to login to the free WiFi network.
- SSID: Toshicenter_Hotel_Wi-Fi
- Password: toshi19590302
-Certificates of Presentation, Session Chair certification, Certificates of Attendance, as well as Reviewer certification, will be sent out by email in a PDF format after the conference.
Onsite Sessions and Session Chairs
Session Chairs are asked to introduce themselves and other speakers (briefly) using the provided printout of speaker bios, hand out the provided presentation certificates at the end of the session, and ensure that the session begins and ends on time, and that time is divided fairly among the presentations. Each presenter should have no more than 25 minutes in which to present their paper and respond to any questions. The Session Chair is asked to assume this timekeeping role, and to this end, yellow and red timekeeping cards are used as a visual cue for presenters, to let them know when they have five minutes remaining, and when they must stop. Please follow the order in the programme, and if for any reason a presenter fails to show up, please keep to the original time slots as delegates use the programme to plan their attendance.
- All session chairs will receive a certificate and be credited in the conference programme.
- Please take a look at our Session Chair Guidelines for further details of what is required.
- Onsite Session Chair Guidelines
Computers and Equipment
- All rooms will be equipped with a clicker and MacBook computer pre-installed with PowerPoint and will be connected to an LCD projector.
- If you wish, you may directly link your own PC laptop, although we advise you to use the computer provided by plugging in your USB flash drive.
- We recommend that you bring a copy of your presentation in case one fails, and suggest sending yourself the presentation by email as a final precaution.
Attending the Conference Online
How to Watch Live-Stream Presentation and participate in the Conference with Zoom
Before joining a Zoom online session on your computer or mobile device, download the Zoom app. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
- Join the meeting using your full name (important)
- The IAFOR moderator will be responsible for monitoring the session.
- Video and microphone will be automatically turned off.
- The meeting will be recorded automatically.
- If you have any questions for presenters, please use the chatbox function.
Online Sessions and Session Chairs
- Session Chairs are asked to introduce themselves and other speakers (briefly), ensure that the session begins and ends on time and that the time is divided fairly between the presentations.
- Each presenter should have no more than 25 minutes in which to present his or her paper and respond to any questions.
- The Session Chair is asked to assume this timekeeping role, letting presenters know when they have five minutes remaining, and when they must stop.
All session chairs will receive a certificate and be credited in the conference programme.
- Please take a look at our Session Chair Guidelines for details of what is required.
- Online Session Chair Guidelines
Pre-Recorded Virtual Presentations
- A full list of pre-recorded virtual video presentations will be on the conference website during and after the conference.
- We encourage you to watch these presentations and provide feedback through the video comments.
- The comments section is connected to LinkedIn, and you have the option to display these comments on your LinkedIn profile.
Conference Catch-up page
- All live-streamed sessions, keynote, and featured presentations will be recorded and uploaded to the Conference Catch-up page (video-on-demand) via Vimeo.
- The catch-up page will be available after the conference until December 31, 2022.